.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Monday, October 31, 2005

Clip clop clip clop BANG! clip clop clip clop BANG!

What goes- clip clop clip clop BANG! clip clop clip clop BANG!....... An Amish drive by. My lovely wife and I ventured out into Amish country this weekend and we were blown away by the all enveloping beauty of the place. It is an amazingly calming place.
Fall is my favorite time of the year. The vibrant colors, cooler weather and clear bright skies. I love the transition from the lush green of summertime to the reds, yellows and browns of the foliage preparing for winter. The fall sunlight casts a softer more golden tone than the harsher summer sunlight. I love the fresh, tart apples and fall decorations like bundles of corn stalks, pumpkins and bittersweet. So, make a pile of leaves, snuggle with your sweetie, eat a caramel apple and enjoy the bounty that fall brings.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 01, 2005, Blogger J.M. Rob said...

This is the time of year when I actually pity those who live in tropical climates. I love experiencing seasons - this one especially above all others. You described many of my favorite things but I would like to add the way the sun casts long shadows early in the day and how intoxicating wood smoke can be in the crisp air.

 
At Thursday, November 03, 2005, Blogger pappy said...

As a transplanted Pennsylvanian I miss this time of year back home

 

Post a Comment

<< Home