.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Thursday, March 02, 2006

The dragon is calling


You may be wondering why I haven't posted in a while. I'm planning a trip to North Carolina, to the infamous Tail of the Dragon. This particular section of U.S. 129 has 318 turns in 11 miles, in other words, a sportbiker's paradise. I'm preparing in the same manner as Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman did in the BBC series, the Long Way Round, just on a much smaller scale. I won't be needing sponsors or a chase vehicle like Ewan and Charley because my trip if only a few hundred miles away. Despite the proximity I am trying to make the ride to the dragon as interesting as the ride on the dragon by avoiding major highways and using state routes and back roads. All of that is still in the planning stages. First I need to lose about 20 pounds, get a tankbag and other luggage and a new helmet. I will keep you updated.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, March 05, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road by Neil Peart

A great read about traveling by motorcycle and healing the inner soul.

PB

 

Post a Comment

<< Home