.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

You made a huge mistake Lebron

You'll excuse me for being extremely late to the party on this one. Lebron James, in my humble opinion, has made a terrible mistake. I'm motivated to comment on this now because I've just returned from a trip to Cleveland. LeBron, as you know, has decided to play basketball in Miami rather than Cleveland. If you are not familiar with the city of Cleveland it may seem like a good decision. Phooey. Cleveland sports fans are loyal like no other sports fans in the world and LeBron was one of their heroes. The man would have been treated as a god and all he would have needed to do is play good basketball, keep his nose clean and get involved in the community. They would have erected statues to the man. In fact, when he was still there, on one entire side of the arena where the Cavaliers play was a huge picture of LeBron. Needless to say it's gone now. I understand that Miami is the sexier selection and Cleveland winters are harsh, I get that, but some things are more important than flash and glitter. Cleveland is the city that LeBron grew up in. A son of Cleveland if you will. I'm not saying he owes it all to the city, but a little loyalty would be nice. To add insult to injury, he booked a slap Cleveland in the face hour long special on ESPN called The Decision. In the end, LeBron chose more money over his hometown and it's my opinion that it's one "decision" he will not be proud of at the end of his career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home