.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Getting earthy

How did I spend my earthday? I ran the lawnmower, the weed-whacker (which has a 2 cycle engine, so I burned oil and gas at the same time) and drove the car to the grocery store. So I ran 3 engines and to top it all off, I burned charcoal to cook my dinner. All in all, I consider it a successful earth day. I didn't even know it was earth day. I do what I always do, knowing that cutting the grass, driving the car, cooking on the grill, burning stuff, using energy, etc., is not killing the earth. The earth is 3 billion years old, we have maybe, 200 years of reliable meteorological data, yet we are willing to say that the earth is warming to levels that will cause catastrophic climate change. And even more arrogantly, we believe that our puny little actions are causing it, or could reverse it. A few billion people verses the energy of a white dwarf star as it reflects it's heat and light on our world. What we need is more reasonable thinking and less agenda based lying.

My friend Rob did something a little more worthwhile for earth day, go check it out.

My wife did something difficult and important, something I hopefully will be able to do someday with the Patriot Guard. Be sure to drop by for some coffee and a little music.

1 Comments:

At Sunday, April 23, 2006, Blogger J.M. Rob said...

Woo Hoo! Bravo. I was hoping for a Michael-esque Earth Day post. I'm going to design a T-shirt for next years Earth Day with you on it instead of Iron Eyes Cody. I can see it now. . a single tear slowly runs down your cheek. Not because of sadness due to pollution but because it is slightly irritated by the smoke from the grill that you happen to be standing over.

Thanks for the post E-Day giggle.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home