.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Sunday, June 18, 2006

MEMEMEMEME

I was tagged with a meme by my lovely wife, who likes to see if she can make me do things. I was to search my birthdate, just the date, at Wikipedia. I was to find 2 birthdays and one obituary. Here's the first birthday that caught my eye, Mario Batali. Mario, if you are not a watcher of food network, is a chef that specializes in Italian food. He and I appear to have the same philosophy of cooking, quality ingredients and careful execution are the keys to excellent cooking. Not to say my his skill level is anywhere near his. You want to be a spectactular cook? don't cut corners on ingredients or method, build flavors from start to finish.





The second birthday that caught my eye was Colonel Sanders. Anyone who strives to make the perfect fried chicken is alright in my book. It's only fittin' that the man is a native Kentuckian.













Mao Zedong, Mao Tse-Tung or Mousey Dung, whatever you called the man, he died on the 9th of September. Better dead than red? He's both.

2 Comments:

At Tuesday, June 20, 2006, Blogger Katy Grimes said...

great blog Mike. I'm going to Wikipedia my birthday now!

 
At Tuesday, June 20, 2006, Blogger J.M. Rob said...

Mousey Dung might have been a nicer guy and maybe even changed his mind about being Communist if he had had access to a bucket of original recipe. Look at the Foodies - see how much happier they look than Mr. Dung. That's freedom, baby! Yum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home