.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Shopping

Wish me luck, the wife and I are going shopping today, something she calls "power shopping". I used to dread Christmas shopping until we set up some rules that put the joy back into the experience. Rule #1: (this rule is for me) No impatient driving, that includes comments about the skills of the other drivers and maintaining a calm demeanor. I have to admit I should try and do this all the time, but people in Kentucky suffer from KMDD, Kentucky Merge Deficiency Disorder. They can't merge to save their life. Rule #2: No matter how sullen, rude, slow, vapid, silly or just plain incompetent the people we deal with today are, we will wish them a Merry Christmas or at least give them a smile. <--- not always an easy rule to follow. Rule #3: Under no circumstances are we to be anything less than completely pleasant and polite to each other at all times. With just a few simple ground rules a day that should be fun, is, once again. If you find that stress is taking the joy out of the holidays for you, just be nice and you will find that the joy will return.

3 Comments:

At Monday, December 12, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like squirrels almost as much as I like candy.

Love,

JoJo

 
At Monday, December 12, 2005, Blogger Mike said...

Yeah, but you get furballs eating squirrels.

 
At Tuesday, December 13, 2005, Blogger J.M. Rob said...

That's why you gotta "Nair'em" first.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home