.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Friday, June 23, 2006

I have a secret

I feel like I have an important secret. I visited the home of one of the most important, and possibly least well known figures, of the Revolutionary War. He was Captain Jack Jouett, the Paul Revere of the south. His lesser known ride saved Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry, Benjamin Harrison and Thomas Nelson from capture from the feared Colonel "bloody" Tarleton, known for not taking prisoners. He rode 40 miles through the woods, to Paul Revere's 15 miles on paved roads. Why isn't he as famous as Paul Revere? As the tour guide from our last historic house put it. Do you know the poem written about Paul Revere? Listen my children and you shall hear the midnight ride of Paul Revere. We all nodded our heads. Then she asked... what rhymes with Jouett? Good point.

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 12, 2006, Blogger jghjhgl said...

Jouett?

"Screw it?"

Well, maybe not.

 
At Sunday, July 16, 2006, Blogger Mike said...

I knew that was coming.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home