.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I am a cowboy!

Those of you who are fans of the comedian Bill Engvall, understand the humor in the title of this entry. I challenged the Tail of the Dragon and survived. Let me tell you, that road is no joke. My concentration lapsed just for a moment, and I was instantly on the other side of the road. I had too much speed and overcooked the corner, then I target fixated on the ditch. I tore my eyes away and forced myself to look through the corner and pulled it back together and made it through, but it was a pucker moment to say the least. The picture to the left is a close-up of the tree of shame where chunks of crashed motorcycles are placed to appease the dragon, a lot like throwing virgins into volcanoes and the like. That road is the reason I bought a motorcycle, I just didn't know it at the time. It is without a doubt, the most fun you can have on 2 wheels. I have lots of pictures so look for more posts very soon!

1 Comments:

At Sunday, September 03, 2006, Blogger J.M. Rob said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I'm so envious! Break out the pics soon, please.

After reading your post, it occured to me that you just may have composed a near perfect "guy post". It has everything: motorcycles, crashes, dragons, virgins, and volcanoes. Awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home