.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Sunday, December 18, 2005

I have socks older than that

Jessica Simpson officially filed for divorce Friday citing irreconcilable differences. If they were only married for 3 years, how could they possibly know their differences were irreconcilable? This is the second time I've posted regarding these two and you may be wondering why I should care about another celebrity divorce. I'll tell you why, I've always been curious as to what causes a couple to divorce after such a short period of time. Not just celebrities, but anyone. I've endlessly grilled my wife about the causes of several divorces of couples who's weddings we've attended. Other than the instances of adultery, there were no satisfactory explanations for giving up so quickly. I heard such things as we don't get along, money issues, personality conflicts and so on. But all couples have these problems to some extent. What makes some people give up so quickly? Let's go back to Nick and Jessica. This couple was celebrated, not just because of their fame, but because of their relationship. Her virginity at marriage, the MTV reality show, the whole 9 yards. When a couple who makes such a big deal about taking marriage seriously divorces so quickly it sends yet another message that all things, marriage included, are disposable. A message that I believe is being heard and acted upon.

1 Comments:

At Monday, December 19, 2005, Blogger pappy said...

your right mike,Ive been married for 35 years and most of these diposable relationships only care about there own needs and wants

 

Post a Comment

<< Home