.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Scootertrash Conservative

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Now that Tookie is dead....

Now that Tookie is dead, I want to make something clear. Some people, and by some people I mean the Susan Sarandons of this world, think death penalty proponents are out for blood and revenge. I'm sure that there are some that are, but I am not one of them. Tookie died a rather easy death, other than the anxiety of knowing you are about to die, lethal injection is designed to be painless. That is significantly unlike how Tookies victims died. We resist the urge to take revenge upon an animal like Tookie and yet justice was still satisfied in his humane execution. I'm happy a murderer was killed, but I'm sad that a life was wasted. To be a liberal you must believe that the surgical killing of an innocent baby is OK, however the surgical killing of convicted murderer, thief and gang banger is not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home